PDR Marketing: The Definitive Guide
Take your PDR marketing to the next level by following these SEO and cost-per-click strategies. Start watching your PDR rankings skyrocket.
When marketing your PDR business or any online business, you need to follow a couple simple steps. First need to have proper SEO and an effective cost-per-click plan. SEO stands for search engine optimization and it’s a vital component for ranking your website in the search engines. Before we break down the SEO basics, we need to talk about cost-per-click or CPC. Cost per click is when someone clicks on your advertisement that you have posted on Google for example, and you pay “x” amount per click. You don’t need to have a CPC campaign, but they will give you instant results.
What is Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Moz defines SEO as the practice of increasing the quantity and quality of traffic to your website through organic search engine results. Moz also breaks down SEO like this:
To understand the true meaning of SEO, let’s break that definition down and look at the parts:
- Quality of traffic. You can attract all the visitors in the world, but if they’re coming to your site because Google tells them you’re a resource for Apple computers when really you’re a farmer selling apples, that is not quality traffic. Instead, you want to attract visitors who are genuinely interested in products that you offer.
- Quantity of traffic. Once you have the right people clicking through from those search engine results pages (SERPs), more traffic is better.
- Organic results. Ads make up a significant portion of many SERPs. Organic traffic is any traffic that you don’t have to pay for.
Okay, so how I can use SEO to bring more customers and traffic to my PDR business website?
This is a great question and let’s take a look at how you can use SEO to increase your rankings. For example, you have a website called “StevesDentRepair”. You would then want to use the keyword “dent repair” throughout your website. This will tell the search engines that your website is about dent repair. If you want to get more specific you could add in your town or city that you work in. Listing the area of your business is best practices as you will narrow your search results to only people in your area. Plus, it’s easier to rank for “long tail keywords” such as Steves Dent Repair Smithville.
Above gives you a brief explanation about SEO and how you can apply it to your PDR business website. Let’s now dive in a little bit further so you can see the whole picture and how you can use SEO for your PDR marketing. Later on, I will be coming out with a simple step by step SEO eBook for all PDR Directory Customers.
PDR Website Example
For this example, lets imagine you just bought your PDR shop domain name “stevesdentrepair” and you need to set up hosting, create a website and start with some basic SEO. Follow these steps to get up and running.
- Find a good hosting company. There are lots of hosting companies out there like Godaddy and Hostgator. These hosting companies are okay but I prefer to use a smaller company that provides fast servers and better customer service. For example, I use In Motion Hosting for this website and my overall experience is better than I have had with other hosting companies in the past. In most cases, you won’t need a VPS for your PDR website but if you want great service and speed it’s always an option.
- You will need a to choose a website template for your PDR shop. You can look at a company such as Templatemonster.com. I prefer using WordPress as my CMS (content management system) as it’s easy to use and you have endless options. If you are computer challenged, I recommend you have someone create your PDR website using WordPress as they could show you how to make changes and create new post very easily.
- Once your website is online, you will need to add some content. You will need a homepage with your PDR shop details and one or two focus “keywords”. Without using a “keyword”, search engines could have a hard time figuring out what your website is about, and you don’t want to make them guess. You can use a service such as Ubersuggest to find a keyword to base your PDR website on. For our example, we will use “stevesdentrepair”. The domain name tells the reader and the search engines what the website is about, but we can still do better. Remember how I said Steve works in Smithville? We could make our “keyword” Dent Repair Smithville, if it gets enough searches per month. Maybe this “keyword” gets 100 searches per month, but Paintless Dent Repair Smithville gets 600 searches per month. We could use this “keyword” instead.
- Creating a homepage is just the beginning. You will also need to create some articles focusing on dent repair. This way you will give yourself more opportunities for customers to find you online. Now you don’t have to be an awesome author to create content, you just need to create content. One simple thing you can do is make videos about dent repair in your area. Find keywords that work for you and write a couple paragraphs explaining your video. (Creating content can really be this simple but the more time you put into it, the better your results could be).
Cost-Per-Click PDR Advertising
For your PDR marketing, you can use Cost-Per-Click advertising to help attract more customers. The only problem with using CPC advertising in the PDR world is the cost. I will break down the cost from some of the highest cost-per-click PDR keywords to some that are more reasonable. I suggest if you use CPC for your PDR business, that you also spend some time with SEO. SEO will save you money in the long run compared to these prices below. Before I dive into the these PDR cost-per-click prices, let’s talk about why these prices are so high. When you look at PDR, you will notice that it’s a seasonal business and everyone wants to get the most work possible in a short period of time. I believe this is what drives up the cost-per-click, plus the amount of money you can make on each car.
PDR Marketing CPC Keywords: $40.00 Plus
PDR Marketing CPC Keywords: $20.00 Plus
Elite paintless dent repair $36.55
Paintless dent repair McKinney Texas $34.38
Hi tech paintless dent repair $33.27
Paintless dent repair Colorado Springs CO $30.81
Bnat paintless dent repair $28.68
Ace paintless dent repair TX $24.86
Painltess dent repair in Colorado Springs $20.25
PDR Marketing CPC Keywords: $10.00 Plus
Paintless dent repair Plano Texas $19.54
Paintless dent repair Dallas TX $19.44
Paintless dent repair in Dallas TX $19.44
Paintless dent repair Arlington Texas $18.48
Dallas paintless dent repair $17.74
Paintless dent repair Dallas $17.74
Fort Myers paintless dent repair $17.39
Paintless dent repair Fort Myers $17.39
Plano paintless dent repair $16.91
Advantage paintless dent repair $15.19
Colorado paintless dent repair $15.00
Paintless dent repair Colorado $15.00
Paintless dent repair price $14.95
Paintless dent repair prices $14.95
Paintless dent repair pricing $14.95
Price of paintless dent repair $14.95
Paintless dent repair cost hail $14.47
Paintless dent repair insurance $13.86
Average cost of paintless dent repair $13.65
Average cost paintless dent repair $13.65
Average paintless dent repair cost $13.65
Denver paitnless dent repair $13.45
Paintless dent erpair Denver $13.45
Paintless dent repair Plano $13.36
Paintless dent repair pdr $13.33
Paintless dent repair san Antonio Texas $12.04
Before and after paintless dent repair $11.82
Paintless dent repair Parker CO $10.77
Paintless dent repair Denver CO $10.44
Paintless dent repair Denver Colorado $10.44
Direct paintless dent repair $10.36
Manny’s paintless dent repair $10.32
Boston paintless dent repair $10.10
PDR Marketing CPC Keywords: $6.00 Plus
Paintless dent repair Orlando Florida $9.97
Motorcycle paintless dent repair $9.00
Paintless dent repair Wichita KS $8.51
Paintless dent repair Orange County $8.33
How much does paintless dent repair cost $8.09
Paintless dent repair Santa Rosa $8.06
Paintless dent repair Greenville SC $7.93
Paintless dent repair Long Island $7.89
Auto paintless dent repair near me $7.85
Paintless dent repair kit reviews $7.06
Hail damage paintless dent repair $7.00
Paintless dent repair hail damage $7.00
Paintless dent repair in San Antonio $6.99
Dentz paintless dent repair $6.80
Mobile paintless dent repair $6.66
Arizona paintless dent repair $6.45
What is a paintless dent repair $6.36
Paintless dent repair aluminum f150 $6.25
What is paintless dent repair $6.17
How much is a paintless dent repair $6.15
As you can see from the average PDR cost-per-click keywords, PDR marketing can get very expensive really quick. If you live in one of the areas that have a high cost-per-click, you could go through your PDR marketing budget extremely fast.
PDR Cost-Per-Click Example
Let’s take a look at this example and see how much money you could spend using CPC advertising to rank on the first page of Google. For this example, we will use Steve’s Dent Repair which is located in McKinney Texas. If Steve wanted to use the keyword “paintless dent repair McKinney Texas” and he wanted to be first on Google, he could expect to pay around $35.00 per click. Now this is just an estimate but if Steve wanted to get 10 clicks a day on this website, he could be paying around $350.00 per day. This would be around $10,000 per month which seems like a lot of money but if Steve would be able to get a couple of customers out of his CPC campaign, he would more than likely make some money.
SEO vs Cost-Per-Click
When creating your PDR website, you will most likely use both marketing methods. You must have your website optimized for search engines if you want organic traffic. Even if you don’t care about SEO and will only be using CPC advertising, you should still perform the bare minimum SEO tactics to help with your CPC ads. Without having your webpage’s meta descriptions completed and a couple of keywords picked out, you will be spending more money on ads with potentially worst results.
Cost-per-click ads will have the best results when your webpage(s) are optimized with your ads. For example, if you are using a CPC ad to show a list of your paintless dent repair services, you want the page and ad to reflect this. If your ad talks about PDR services but your webpage talks about tire repair, you will most likely lose that customer. For CPC, Google has a scoring system for each ad you create and if you follow their guidelines, you could end up paying a little less per click.
If you want the most traffic and chances to reach the most customers, you should have a good SEO plan in place. SEO does take time and a lot of work to setup, but you will see ranking improvements in the long run. Even if you work full time as a PDR technician, you should still be able to update your website and make some content throughout the year, especially in the off season.
I hope you enjoyed this PDR Marketing article and if you have any questions please let us know. I have left out some details about SEO and cost-per-click advertising but this should give you a head start on setting up or updating your PDR website. I will keep updating this post with more SEO tips and will be helping all PDR directory advertisers on our site.